Scrabble for beginners.
Professional Scrabble is a word game in which two players score points by placing tiles, each bearing a single letter, onto a game board which is divided into a 15×15 grid of squares. The tiles must form words which, in crossword fashion, flow left to right in rows or downwards in columns. The words must be defined in an official standard dictionary which provide a list of officially permissible words.
The object when playing is to score more points than other players. As words are placed on the game board, points are collected and each letter that is used in the game will have a different point value. The main strategy is to play words that have the highest possible score based on the combination of letters.
At one point in your life you must have come across the scrabble game, it may not be the professional game described here so you might have played each game having more than two players. The difference with professional scrabble is:
- Only two players are allowed per game.
- All words must be permissible to the official CSW (Collins Scrabble Words) dictionary.
- All games are timed 25 minutes per player.
- Play scrabble competitively on the national league.
- Win an assortment of prizes if you are in the top 3 of any division.
- Get to travel and mingle with different types of people.
- Instill a reading culture which will enhance your studies or mastery of english.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 1
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self